Monday, September 20, 2010

Soundwave final lineup

The extra bands for Soundwave have been slowly leaking out, so I guess AJ decided just to let the whole lineup out officially. The bands are:
  • One Day as a Lion
  • Bullet for My Valentine
  • Bring me the Horizon
  • The Murderdolls
  • Dimmu Borgir
  • Millencolin
  • Coheed & Cambria
  • Amity Affliction
  • Silverstein
  • Fucked Up
  • Feeder
  • H2O
  • Saxon
  • The Rocket Summer
  • We the Kings
I've talked about most of these bands before, but there's a few in here that really get me excited. The first of which are the Canadians, Fucked Up. I avoided listening to these guys for ages, due to their name, but when I did I fell in love with their old school hardcore punk. As far as hardcore goes, it is quite accessible and not alienating (apart from their name and some of their subject matter). However, they cover twee, indie and pop songs in their own hardcore way, adding an interesting twist into things.


I love them and their smart hardcore. Like this interview with the lead singer, which shows how intelligent they are.

Their most recent album, the Chemistry of Common Life, has won numerous awards. Check it out if you get the chance. Also, they are known for a tremendous energry in their live show, and as Pink Eyes says in the interview above, he feels like he owes it to the crowd, almost a sacrifice if you will.

Last.FM has a lot of their tracks

The other band I am looking forward to seeing I had never even heard of before this announcement: One Day as a Lion. And I am amazed I have never heard of them: it's a collaboration between Zack de la Rocha (lead singer of Rage Against the Machine) and Jon Theodore (original Mars Volta drummer). Yes, 2 of my favourite bands... yet I had never heard of this band before.

They play a bit more of a hip-hop style of rock, not surprising with Zack in the band. They've only got an EP out for now, but it's pretty good. I will be interested to see how they sound live and what other songs they have to play.

MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment